Saturday, April 20, 2013

bragging....bragging...my steve :)

SO i think every now and then..it's TOTALLY fine for a wife to brag a little bit about their hubby.  And let me just say this post is waaaaaaaaay...overdue :)  So many things have come to my attention and have happened in the past little while, that I am literally left saying to myself...."wow..i lucked out:)"  
I think most, if not all my friends have a statement that is said quite often about Steve and that is "what the freak!  where DID you find him?"  It's always been a statement that I smile about..but I am to the point now where I am like..no for real, I DID luck out :)

I think one of the biggest things that I LOVE about Steve is ever since the first day of meeting him- i knew he had goals.  Not just words were coming out of his mouth, but I knew there was a drive to back it all up.  I was raised the "old-fashioned" way that if you want money in this life & want security..you go to school.  No ifs, ands, or buts about it...you GO to school.  For me, education was always appealing.  Not only had I had the great opportunity to do so, but after realizing what I was interested in..I went for it.  I don't have the personality to do things half way.  And I knew how much it would bless my life as well as my childrens to be a college graduate...whether I would use it or not (grateful to say that I have) but that it would bless me & would be for my good. 
 Anyways, with Steve is that it seemed he felt the same from day one.  School isn't an option.  In his mind, it is a commandment & that it was something he knew he just had to do.  There hasn't ever been a time where I have had to convince him to go, or have had to question his goals.  He just knew what he expected of himself..and just went about doing it.:) 
 Steve is at the halfway point of his ultrasound program.  And we're excited for these days to be a distant memory, and for the focus to be only work.  To have just ONE focus!  crazy!  
Another thing I love about Steve is his willingness to help as a parent.  I don't think I've ever met someone where being a dad has just been natural.  He always knows what exactly he needs to do and how to do it without me EVER having to tell him.  Being a father and a mother, i think should be equal roles...and i think Steve believes that and portrays that more than ever.  He will do WHATEVER it is to make sure that I am Always happy, no matter what it is.  Just any little thing even relating to parenting or being a dad..is just so natural for him---changing diapers, wiping up throw up, wiping runny noses, feeding, dressing them warm when it's cold outside, teaching the ABC'S, investing every minute into potty training with me, the list goes on and on and on.  I know he craves to be home with Peyton and Bradyn more than ever.  He never complains about needing to do things, or needing to be out and way from us..not once. never. ever. ever.  I'm just so grateful for him, and that I married a very self-sufficient. well-balanced man :)
 Another thing I love about him is how much he loves and adores my friends.  He really does.  He has fit himself into my friends so well.  Why? Because he knows I love them, and wants to love them to. Not once after being married do i think-crap, will i ever see my friends again?  will he be okay with me seeing them?  Wow, it's been so the opposite.  His priorty from Day 1 has been to be good friends will my friends and their hubby's. I SO lucked out with that, I see so many hubbys out in the world who would not care as much or invest so much time in relationships as Steve has done.  And he's so sincere about them too.  
 I just love him and have already seen so many dreams come true in my life during these past 4 1/2 years..just so excited to see more wonderful things to come...and never do I need to fear or feel any sort of anxiety..b/c I know Steve is there & that he knows exactly what to do.  

love you bebe :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got the best man for you; I suppose the Lord does know a thing or two about who we should choose as an eternal companion ;)

That's great that Steve is furthering his education. Congratulations to him; especially since he is so close to being finished. Super exciting. I agree that education is important.

When I think of the degree that I earned, I have found that college really isn't so much about getting that piece of paper to earn a bit more cash (sure that's important), but I think the main thing that college taught me and it's purpose is to teach individuals how to learn, to love to learn, and to never stop learning. Sometimes this skill can be learned outside of a traditional college degree. For example my own father never completed his degree for various reasons outside of his control, but he is one of the smartest, most knowledgeable people that I know. He loves learning. My dad always encouraged us to get a higher degree so I am grateful to him for that as I'm sure your kids will be thankful to you guys because you have set the example for them.

I'm also grateful that I was able to learn to open my mind a little more and to try to see things from others' perspectives as another result of my education.