Friday, March 4, 2011

Not a Happy Post...:(


This is a sad one.....

I am posting this experience with not all the Facts

So...as some of you are aware...last post I was explaining how I've been having weird things where my arm, upper lip, tongue..goes numb and begin to see black spots...And I told my OB of these things and he set me up with a Cardiologist appt...So I go in and asks for me to come the following day for a Bubble Echo. So I go in..it was cool...i layed down on my left side...had an IV in my arm and they pumped saline through my body and as they were performing the ultrasound I would tighten my ab muscles..and if the bubbles go through one way of the heart..then they know there is a hole..and if they didn't then they know everything is OK...
Well.....
There is Hole....a large one...:(
Sorry, I'm going to start crying......
I'm so scared and emotional right now.....
But I do have to go through a procedure to get it fixed....in Salt Lake....
But they told me oftentimes I have one of 3 options
1- Catheter through my femoral artery, they will patch up the hole
2- Go down my esophogagus and come to my heart from the back side..and clamp the hole
3- OR decide not to do anything at all

These procedures can be done while being pregnant. There is only One Doctor in the State of Utah that performs these procedures. Interesting thing is that me having a hole and Peyton having had had a hole...completley unrrelated. It's not genetic. It's a complete rare fluke. I thought that was quite interesting...
I'm not quite sure I want to be carrying a baby while going through this procedure....
My follow up appt is on Tuesday...so I'll ask everything....


ON THE BRIGHT SIDE-

The doc goes...ok enough of the worrisome stuff...you're 16 weeks along right...i said yes...he says- wanna know the sex of your baby? And said Umm....YES! He dragged the ultrasound thing on down...and TOLD ME!!:)
So that was exciting news. I wasn't going to find out till the 23rd.

I'll post after my appt on Tuesday

Loves

5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! I was hoping that they would tell you it was something minor. I know that they got me worried about things a couple times in my pregnancy that ended up not being a big deal after all. That's pretty crazy, though. I'm sure you are scared. You'll do great, though. You're strong. Hopefully they caught it early enough that there won't be an major problems with the pregnancy. Keep us posted. Hugs :)

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

What?! Why didn't you tell me this when we talked the other day? So stressed out right now. If you need to talk or anything, CALL ME! I want to hear what happens on Tuesday. Love you.

Bill and Laurie Wilson said...

We've been following your posts and have been keeping you and Peyton in our prayers. Let us know Tuesday the details. Love you

Heather Thorup said...

I'm sorry to hear this, especially on a blog lol. I hope it's something that can wait to be fixed until after the baby is here.

Steve and Brooke said...

Thanks so much everyone for understanding that in hard times...it's best to write rather than having to talk.