Friday, March 18, 2011

Lake Powell Memories!!!

With some help from my Mom…we figured out I have been to Lake powell 12 times. I want to go down memory lane a little bit and talk about my memories with each trip…. More so for my personal records...I’m feeling a little nostalgic today. Of course I included pics as well…

Before getting the houseboat…when I was younger I went on 3 trips. We just camped out. Totally not providing pics for these 3 trips ha ha…

2002 –Amanda, her Dad and uncle- Amanda invited me on this trip. I remember going snorkeling with bright lights that were under the water to help us see, rats climbing on the boat at night, and getting hit by a large deer on the side of our van coming home in the middle of the night. So sad I don’t have ONE PICTURE from this trip!!! Amanda, do you??

2003- Highschool trip- HAVE Oh so many memories!! I went with Jamie, Aubree, Amanda, Brittany, and Cara. I remember having boat tire issues on the way there…taking pics of Brittany sleeping in the car, the boat driving over some large stick and me bursting into tears thinking the trip was over, Britt and Aubs having a burping contests at night, Jamie and Britt sleeping on a futon that took over 75% of the tent lol…And of course, me and Britt being burnt to a crisp while everyone else is golden brown..and my dad driving Cara next to a rock wall..that had scared her to death :)

then later that year...we got the houseboat



2003 Katie- I remember laying out a lot. I do remember skinny dipping…amateur style..ha ha…we would get in the water and then take our swim suits off ha ha…


2004- Jamie and Joyce- Well what can I say, skinny dipping with Jamie of course is a HUGE memory of mine…let’s just say we got a pretty clear picture of us in the water…we both saw it and ripped up the evidence ha ha….”the huge monster in the water” And my extensions falling out and dropping all over Jamie and Joyce’s legs on a tube ha ha…they were screaming…I was laughing but sad that they had fallen out…Ended up taking a lot of my real hair with it…my hair ended up being high above my chin after it was over ha ha..



2005- Megan & Savannah- Ok Lots to talk about with this trip So on our way there we had a couple of cars going down and my parents Suburban broke down…we waited and waited in some small town and my Dad kept talking as if we would just have to go home. And I was NOT going to allow that to happen. So I grabbed Meg & Savannah, Amber, and her friend Marlene and hopped into the car and began driving to Powell on our own not knowing whether or not my parents were actually going to be coming. We stopped in P-town and slept over @ Veater’s house (a friend I had met through Joyce at USU) It was so Fun! We went 4- wheeling around town and roasted marshmellows. Once we got to Powell we had someone take us and all our stuff from the dock to the houseboat…and realized we had no food or water and was literally DYING! We then made a big sign and began screaming for someone to come get us to take us back to shore so that we could run somewhere to go eat. Someone did come get us…went and got something to eat…By the time we got back to the houseboat..my parents were there with everyone else…and proceeded to have our trip ha ha. Of course…skinny dipping with Savannah! We found this little cove…got naked on shore and ran into the water…so fun! I also remember their was this little boy with us that year that had a big crush on Savannah…ha ha…



In 2005 I also went with Aubs- wow….well let’s see Skinny dipping memory for sure! This was the ULTIMATE most Hilarious Skinny dipping story ever!! So…we decided to go skinny dipping and began hiking around the area…came to this rather large cliff..and thought hey let’s get naked and jump off the high cliff into pitch darkness..and hope everything is OK down at the bottom…as we were about to undress..my Dad turns on the house boat’s spot light straight at us…we began yelling “turn it off” but he wouldn’t so we got undressed anyway..jumped off landed in water…ha ha…but didn’t think that we would need to climb up off the rocks..so one of us turned the other way and took turns climbing out of the little cove back up to the cliff to dress. Another memory…my brother Ben and Aubs took a bunch of scandalous pictures…we went home and I made a story book out of the pictures…HILARIOUS!

(most all of you have seen this book)



2006- Mission (Didn’t Go, obviously)



2007- Jamie-I actually don’t think we went skinny dipping this year. Jamie was married and asked her to go right after I came home from my mission. I felt so bad..she was home sick for Bryce….It was like a 6 or 7 day trip…what a tropper for coming! But I do remember boating through some pretty canyons and me asking her a bunch of sex qts..that was fun ha ha…




2008- Steve and I were engaged-Finally taking a BOY with me to Powell!!! That was fun! No skinny dipping….or was there?? Hmmm….ha ha…



2009- Peyton was 3 mos old- Didn’t Go



2010--Peyton's 1st year- So fun to bring my little boy with me to my home land of Lake powell…he loved it! Although he had a huge fever..his molars came through that same week..poor guy…but he loved the tubes! And yes, steve and I did go skinny dipping…ha ha… rated R style LOL. First trip being a Married Girl to Powell!

I just Love Lake Powell so much. If you haven’t been, you are missing out! You’ve got to Go!!! I LOVE IT!! I will always feel like home there. Everytime we leave my mom gets out a chair places it on top of the house boat and will just burst into tears each time we have to leave…I feel the same way too!!

What can be better…Sun, Friends, Water, Boating = MEMORIES!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like your quite the exhibitionist Brooke! lol

Amber Barker said...

Haha that was fun reading through all those trips! :) Glad you didn't make up that story you made up to cover the fact you and Jamie wanted those skinny dipping pic's haha.

Rebecca said...

wow i think you told me about every one of those trips on the mission... fun stuff!!! i hope to go one day :)

Heather Thorup said...

That was fun to read about, especially the skinny dipping lol. Goodness. I feel like I've hardly been there.

The Belshes said...

Ha Ha!! We did have quite the trip with my Dad and Uncle. I think Angela and Frank came along too. I know we took pictures, but who knows where they are! I'll have to search for them at my Parent's house!! Lake Powell is just so much fun :) Hoping to go this year with my Family!!

Savannah said...

Hey I thought you saved your skinny dipping for me! LOL! You left out so much- like when I pantsed you at the restaurant and how we that creeper almost killed us on the tubes and how your dad let you drive the boat and me and Megan literally thought this was the last thing we would ever do. Hey! I have an idea, let's all go on a friend trip to Lake Powell! ( wink, wink) I really want to though. It will happen someday. It must. Thanks for taking me that one time Brooke! I'm so glad I got to go!