Friday, July 29, 2011

Preggo update- 37 1/2 wks

I found out Tuesday that I have Toxemia. Although I find it a little strange because I'm not experiencing many of the symptoms. I don't have headaches, swelling or blurred vision. Never had it with my 1st child. But i do have high blood pressure and protein in my urine. He didn't exactly tell me to go on Bed rest...just to "stay off my feet" as much as possible. I am still teaching classes (i know, i know- im a freak) I feel fine when I am at work, but once I'm done i'm in so much pain from walking I just want to bawl. I am still having MAJOR pelvic problems :( Probably because right now I weigh more than I ever have my entire life as well as the baby's weight. All i want to do is eat ICE!! I LOVE it!! I still have heartburn I end up taking a combo of Pepcid AC as well as Tums.
The doctor told me that I will be getting induced. My next appointment is on Tuesday and he told me that if my levels are still high that he will induce me that very day. If the levels are OK then to wait till I'm 39 weeks (Aug 9th) I kinda like the idea of being induced. It's so PLANNED :) So ME!! I like the idea of having my bag all packed, house nice and clean, freshly showered and ready to go with a scheduled appointment :)

If it were up to me- my vote is to have the baby Aug 9th. I want Bradyn to stay in there as long as possible, but obviously if it's detrimental to his health then of course take me whenever. Just watch- I'll actually just end up going into labor on my own before I even have the chance of being induced. Who knows what will happen. I will have more clarity on Tuesday and will give you an update. I'm excited for my parents to come and to be here with us through it all. They will be such a big help for Peyton.
I'm not nervous at all.
Just a list of Hopes :
1- my labor and deliver will go far much better than last time, no Nicu experience, be able to leave the hospital with our baby, and to have a smooth recovery.
2- Peyton's needs and wants continue to be met as well as for him to have a smooth transition to a new brother
3- That the new experience of breast feeding is completley non stress and a success

loves!

3 comments:

Heather Thorup said...

I can't believe it's already here, I love it! I'm excited for you guys. Whenever it happens, it will be so amazing. Keep us posted:)

Unknown said...

Wow I can't believe it's that close! So exciting! Sorry to hear that you have toxemia. I would definitely take the doctor's advice and stay off your feet - you don't want to have needless complications... then again I can be a worrier; just take care of yourself.
I hope you have a good experience.

Jess said...

I'm so excited that it's close for you! My mom had toxemia with Megan and Chip but not the first 3 of us. I'm sorry to hear that you have to deal with it. It definitely is important to stay off of your feet, even if you're not swollen yet. I hope it all goes quickly for you and you take care of yourself. This is your second baby and they told me that labor would be quicker for me. Which it was! So I hope that it's the same for you! :) I'm excited to see what that little boy looks like!