Friday, June 25, 2010

I hope to get the Job!



I'm sure many of you know..but through out high school...I knew exactly where I wanted to go to college and exactly what I wanted to major in...I can think back being the age of 9 and imitating Kathy Smith's exercise tapes...I got certified at 18 and have taught various places various classes. As I was finishing up college I researched where I would like to work. And it kept being made known to me that Park City and St. George are the greatest locations for the fitness industry...And began looking into Fitness Ridge Resort.
SO... I don' t know if I should freak out quite yet.....?? BUT I had an interview at Fitness Ridge Resort today aka- The Biggest Loser Resort. For those who don't know much about the show Biggest Loser...The show is filmed at the Ranch in California...and Fitness Ridge Resort..located in St. George is partnered with the Biggest Loser and what the resort does is they have people from all over the world come stay for 7 days or more...and they are put on a 1200 calorie diet and they attend lectures, spa treatments, personal training, and go through many exercise classes every day through out their stay. Their ultimate goal is to obviously lose weight..while vacationing...

SO....in Aug 08 I interviewed at Fitness Ridge while Steve had interviewed for the Radiology program. Unfortunately he didn't get in that year so i pretty much had to let Fitness Ridge know that we weren't moving to St. George anymore....Well, now that we are here...I went in today....AND........

Had an amazing interview! Honestly, could not have gone better....She told me that I would be the perfect person to work for the Resort. Not only for my qualifications but the fact as well that I am a Mom. She talked a lot about how so many women will be able to relate to me so well...and she also expressed how confident she thought I was. And the most awesome part was the fact that she did not have a problem at all that I haven't really taught since having Peyton... I loved when she said...it takes most women a year to get back into the fitness realm of things after having a baby.

So this picture is going to totally be me....lol

SO....through out this whole next week M-F I'm starting by coming in 2-5 to attend 3 different classes to get the hang of things, and how they are taught and what not....then she told me that I will be meeting with HR and be put on their sub list. She did mention that even being on the sub list I should be teaching 1-3 classes per week....

So like I said I don't know if I should begin to freak out yet or not.....kinda sounds like it's in the bag....BUT...I don't want to get my hopes completley up yet.....BUT...... you get the picture!
In previous blog posts I have stated how I haven't felt completley fulfilled being a stay at home mom...and I feel like this will be my break through..a sense of contributing to society...and doing what I LOVE to do!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats, that sounds great! Have fun!

Bill and Laurie Wilson said...

I'm so happy for you, I know this is what you've been wanting and working so hard for. I hope they see in you what they want and hire you.

The Belshes said...

Very Cool Brooke!! You'll do awesome!!!!! Congrats Girl!!!!

Aubs said...

BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY rockin' everywhere! That's my girl. If for some weird reason when you are hired Bob Harper shows up... Hold him hostage and I'll be down there faster than you can say Jillian Michaels! LOVE YOU! GOOD LUCK!

Sarah G said...

this is so great congrats

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good opportunity to do both things you love (mom and fitness trainer). That's great. Good luck!

Savannah said...

That's weird, I thought college degrees were pointless- why would she care whether or not you have a degree in exercise science?? oh yeah, because it's awesome!! Yay college graduates!! whoo-whoo! :)

Brittany and Rob said...

thats awesome brooke! good luck!