Friday, February 1, 2013

PT #2

Well, in exactly one month..he has filled 3 sticker charts.  Since we are in Phase 3 (potty trained inside the home) I think it's been going good.  He still averages 1 accident per day.  90 percent of the time is #2.  He has gone #2 like 4 times before in the toilet.  But...Now, I just can't seem to get him to go on the toilet.  He's always doing it in his underwear.  I never know when it's going to happen, it's like I have to stalk him all day in order to catch it at the right time.  He doesn't have an issue with only doing it in his pull up b/c he only wears one when he's sleeping nor does he have constipation issues.  It's a matter of getting him to realize when it's coming and to make it to the toilet rather than hiding somewhere and saying "Potty" after it's already done!  SO frustrating!!! With #1---he's totally great.  I'd say 75 percent of the time, he tells us before he has to go.  The other 25 percent of the time, is us just timing it right and so he goes.  It's interesting b/c he's obviously has caught on to the "sensation" of when he needs to go #1.  Why not get the "sensation" of #2. What is up with this #2 biz?!? I feel like no matter how many times I'm emphasizing pics in his potty books about where it NEEDS to go, just does NOT seem to be clicking!  I know it's been a month...but still...I don't know how to change this around?  I thought about bribing him with something really BIG when he goes poop--something that really gets him wanting to ALWAYS do it.  A friend suggested, donuts...3 stickers rather than 1....hmmm...Suggestions???  The daily accident is becoming Old!  

Loves!

No comments: