Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I don't even know how to describe it.....

So Yesterday night we took Family Pictures up in Park City with Kara Simmons :)  It went very well.  We are excited to see pics.  And when I say excited- you know, i mean THRILLED! But...this story has to do with that day.  
So earlier on that day I felt a little light headed and nauseaous..felt like I was coming down with something.  Throughout the day I had felt stressed about pictures.  Wondering if the boys were going to be okay.  making sure they had a good nap..If they were going to turn out...you know me, I have to have the PERFECT pictures lol.  And of course not only did Peyton's stitches happen the week prior and also 2 days before pics Peyton winds up with a rash on his chin.  So I was already a little frazzled.  So we begin our trek up to Park City and it begins pouring rain.  Then again, stress levels rose.  BUT right as we began pictures it totally stopped raining and the perfect looking sky popped out.  The boys were quite difficult to maintain happy...we had brought balloons as a prop for pics..they all popped but one.  So anyways, the session is over and we get in our car to leave  and got down to Salt Lake to drop off my sister and just as we did my entire body began shaking uncontrollably and my lips began chattering and I just began freezing.  I had no idea what was happening to me..but I was aware of what was going on.  Steve said I was incoherent and very out of it.  He debated taking me into some place, but did not. I just could not get warm- b/c the heat was on it caused the kids to freak out b/c they were getting sooo hot.  
So we get home and I get out of the car to get Bradyn and couldn't even lift him, that's how weak I was.  I literally crawled up the stairs (3 flights) and turned my bath tub on full hot and got in it.  Steve said it was scalding water..and i just lied in it for 2 hours.  He then covered me up with 5 blankets and fed me a gogurt.  My teeth were still chattering.  I couldn't talk or move.  He took my temp and it was 104.  
Now on to the best part- he came over to my side of the bed.  And as the oil dropped on my head, gave me a blessing and within 10 min of the  blessing he took my temp...it dropped a lot.  10 min later took it again..it had dropped.  All of a sudden I felt my body go very warm and I began to sweat a lot..like drops of sweat were falling off my face.  I seriously felt like it was THE END that I literally was going to die...I kept thinking to myself...."was this the last time I got to see my boys..." "but I'm suppose to go up to Logan this weekend with friends...." And all of a sudden my fever broke, I literally could feel what it was like..I then fell asleep and woke up this morning as if I was ready to run a marathon  .  Perfectly 100% normal.  

Now, there have been MANY times on my mission where I witnessed true healing of sickness, but never before had something like this ever happened to me.  There was an instance on my mission when one of my legs had a bad pain that lingered forever and upon being given a blessing I stood up and never felt it again..

I honestly don't even know how to describe it...but I was healed...

What I have learned is that: Brooke gets stressed very easily these days..and I literally think my body was on overload and I just couldn't take it anymore.  On my wedding day, I felt the same sort of nausea and light headed ness...I just can't get myself SO stressed!  I have taken stress management classes in college..i wish I had notes I could look back on.  I just need to relax and not get so stressed.  Hence why the "planner" Brooke has been on vaca mode for a little bit of time.  
Only question I have is- did this attack have anything to do with my heart??

Loves

4 comments:

Megs said...

Oh my Brooke! That is scary, but such a freat feeling knowing that your husband is a worthy priesthood holder. Ok, stress tips... YOGA! I find myself doing yoga poses all the time. It helps you focus on breathing even if it is for a few seconds. Also, yoga breathing. I have taken time before gone into the bathroom and began just focusing on my breathing. You want your lower belly to fill up with air prior to your chest rising. Repeat until you can feel the stress decreasing. One of my favorite songs is called Breathe by Ingrid Michaelson. I literally turn that song on when I get stressed and then breathe. It helps. Also another tip find outlets. Now I know that you love pictures, scrapbooking, exercising, etc, but what about reading, coloring, learning a new skill? When we utilize the other portions of our brain it helps to keep the stress levels down. Hope my ideas help. :)

Britt said...

Brooke. I am so so glad you are ok and feeling normal now. What a scary experience for you! I too am so grateful for the priesthood and the blessings it brings to our lives. And so grateful for our husbands being able to gives us these blessings in our times of need. I think of you a lot and some of the trials you've posted about going through recently and you are in my prayers. You are such a strong person. I am thankful for your example!

Britt said...

Britt Thorn wrote that. I'm not used to posting on blogs. Lol

Jess said...

I've been thinking about you a lot lately! Thanks for sharing such a personal story. I hope and pray that you'll continue to stay strong. Good luck! Sometimes some stress relief that works for me is to just walk away. It will still be there when you come back. You just need to give yourself a chance to breath and take a break. Miss you!