Monday, June 18, 2012

Fingers Crossed.....

So if you recall, when I was pregnant with Bradyn I had issues where my entire left arm, face, lips, mouth would go completley numb and I began seeing Black spots.  Well..this occured about every few months.  I went into a Cardiologist in St. Geo and after doing an Echo told me that I have a hole, that is more apparent when I'm "bearing" down and that a large percentage of the population does have what's called PFO's and that I needed to be checked yearly.  So as you know we moved from St. George and I set up an appt with a Cardiologist here and had my appointment last week and was told that- tomorrow, I'm going to Provo to undergo some tests to see just how big of a hole I have and how much of a "leak" is occuring etc.  My Cardiologist explained that they really don't recommend hardly anyone these days to get holes fixed unless it's effecting your everyday life.  Which, I haven't felt ANY symptoms since being pregnant.  He also told me- he's not sure whether or not my heart will be OKAY to go through another pregnancy again...I kindof gave him a blank stare.  I know I did just fine going through labor and delivery (and that's like the hardest part on your heart) so I don't really care if I have any of those weird symptoms again with another pregnancy just as long as I knew that my heart could handle another labor and delivery....SOOOO....fingers crossed everything looks Okay!!!

Loves

3 comments:

Wherenext With Lon and Josie said...

Many times you have to go with your own instincts, doctors don't have all the answers. Do your homework and research so you have the questions to ask and know for yourself which course of treatment is best for you. The best patient is the informed patient.

Bill and Laurie Wilson said...

Your hEART IS REALLY IMPORTANT DURING PREGNANCY ALSO. It gives the baby all the blood it needs so it does work harder than one might think. We wouldn't want anything to happen to you or the baby. Trisha saw a great Cadiologist at UofU if you find you don't like the one you see. Hope all is well.

Wendy said...

Hey Brooke, I don't know if you knew this or not, but I have had 3 open heart surgeries. I have an awesome cardiologist at IMC. He suggested to me that having children would be fine as long as I didn't go into active labor and didn't delivery naturally. Labor is extremely strenuous on your heart, but maybe that information would help you and that you could present it as a question to your cardiologist. But either way, you have to prayerfully make that decision by yourself. Good luck!