Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mama of Two


Does anyone have any advice on how to teach your 2 yr old to not attack their sibling that is a baby??
We are kind of going through a hard time with that.
Peyton has had some scary moments of wanting to attack Bradyn :(
hitting, squeezing...
Sibling rivalry? Jealousy issues? All the above?
It seems no matter if it is negative attention..he wants it. I think another example with that is- he chewed off the keyboard off my phone...(not like him) and has chewed buttons off the remote.
He just seems to be doing things we aren't use to him doing.
This is EVEN with Steve and my mom around..a lot...
Wish me luck when that is not the case

I don't think I can fully say I know what it's like yet to be on my own in a normal daily routine yet. My mom has been with me every day..and will still be in town till Sept 6th as well as Steve has been around alot. So I haven't felt like I've experienced what it's like to be "on my own" at home with the two of them..

Can I just say how much i LOVE nursing?!? So So much better than it was one week ago!!! Bradyn has made it so easy for me and is so flexible. I nurse during the day..and then pump at least once during the day to provide milk for the night..so that we are able to feed him bottles at night. Not my idea- steve says..."Brooke, you do enough during the day...I get him at night..please pump so that I can feed him at night."
Um...HELLO!!! where the freak did I find Him!!? Love you Steve :)
on a side note- am a little worried not getting up at night to nurse or to pump how that will effect my milk supply. Nurses have told me as for right now, it shouldn't be a problem..I may need to adjust if needs be.

Exciting Moment- I gained 20 lbs with my pregnancy...and I've lost 26!!! in 2 weeks!!!
Freakin excited!!!! :) yay for breast feeding!! It makes me more excited to get back to work.

Loves!

1 comment:

Heather Thorup said...

I'm sure once Mom and Steve is gone that you'll be fine. You will have to get up earlier (LOL) but you'll do great. Mom said jealousy is normal for a while, you put Ben in the garbage and tipped his bassinett over when he was a baby. So see, it's normal??:) I can't wait to meet Bradyn next month. And way to go on losing the weight!