Friday, February 4, 2011

What I feel

LONELY :(


I don't know if any of you get like this when you're pregnant.....BUT...i sure feel like it...
I think to myself- it's bound to happen...I live far away from people..
Big reason I begin to feel this way is living in St. George...and we don't really hang out with anyone...To be honest, haven't felt a Drive to...feel like I'm missing out on things up North...
Which is HUGE for me, always been the social butterfly...always always
That's why it's such a big deal...i take it harder than most, I think
I feel work keeps me pretty occupied...just some moments...when I have enough time to think about it....I begin to feel just kinda Alone. Maybe it's Just a pregnancy thing...who knows??
Sucks living far away, but at the same time love that we are a vacation home for people to travel to...and I know this is where we need to be...and have been given so many great opportunitions...me working @ The biggest Loser resort (which is the Ultimate Dream for me...still pinch myself each time I go there) And Steve close to graduating this November with such a great Job as he'll be able to continue specializing and will support us beyond what I could have imagined...:)

sigh

i dunno...guess i got to just put things in perspective...that this is the best place for us. But still wish often times I could just say Hey, gonna hang out with so and so...or do this or this with so and so.....

sigh

Thanks goodness for FB and Blogs :)
but at the same time find it humerous most of us can't just keep in touch with good ol fashioned phone calls, ya know? I myself am guilty of that.

thoughts, please...let's me know you care :)

8 comments:

Jess said...

I know how you feel... One day it will get better. And I do think it's worse during pregnancy. Hang in there! Love ya!

Wendy said...

Pregnancy Brooke! I live down the road from my entire family and get lonely when I'm prego!

Travis, Shantell, and Family said...

I think at some point in time Everyone gets lonely! To be honest I feel this way living here and not in Dominica or in Arizona! I just have gotten to the point that if I feel lonely then I know the only person who can change that feeling is ME!! So I try and make an extra effort to find friends or go out of my way to put a get together together! Just hang in there part of it can be just the pregnancy!!

Rebecca said...

im the same way social social... but i get lonely even with me not prego.
i love ya brooke!

Amber Barker said...

Everyone gets lonely, but it builds character in us! It's the times I get lonely that I get to work on 'me'! China was an amazing time, but I was seriously ALONE, but that gave me time to study my scriptures like I've never done before, and take time to just meditate and think! Just utilize the time by developing your spiritual self, instead of just bumming on the internet or watching tv shows.
Love you and thats just my young advice haha.

The Belshes said...

Hang in there! You guys are at a great place in your lives right now. Heck, I'd kill to have your job, well not really, but still I would love to do what you do :) Call me if you ever want to talk! Love Ya!

Savannah and Braden said...

It's so true! You are one of the luckiest girls I know! Well I don't if it's luck, I think you are just very good at following any promptings that come to you while others may be too afraid ( fingers pointing at me.) You life is only going to get better. You will make new friends and the ones that live far away will always think of you as one of their closest friends ( finger point at me again.) Love you. It's just the hormones. You have it really good I promise. :)

Heather Thorup said...

I think it's both a prego thing and living far away. Actually, being a stay-at-home Mom can be very lonely. Kids just aren't enough entertainment lol, or conversation. Soon you'll be too bushy with 2 kids to notice lol!!