Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New Zealand!

MY BROTHER PARKER GOT HIS MISSION CALL TO........


NEW ZEALAND!!!





I am so so jealous!! I love the movie Lord of the Rings...well I grew to love it!! And this is where they filmed it!! I'll tell you what I so want to save so Steve & I can go see him!! So So excited! At times I'm like how do they really decide where missionaries go...I mean really? Obviously they follow the Spirit, but seriously....I went to Georgia of all places! Which I loved...I'll be honest wasn't too excited initially...because I wanted to badly to go foreign I wrote ALL over my papers how I wanted to go foreign, learn several languages, go to the hardest mission ever, and endure the harsh-est conditions on some remote island....I know many of you may think- What Brooke on a remote island? She's too girly girl...but for real though I wanted that so so Bad. Don't get me wrong, like I said loved Georgia.. But I'm so so Jealous of Parker!! Every missionary's dream is to go there!! I just remember the church quote that says:

"you're chosen to serve where your personality, abilities, dreams, and goals are perfectly woven and matched with the people that inhabit that land."

Congrats Parker!!! I'm so so excited to scrapbook every single picture of your mission!!!

Loves

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think wherever you go is foreign, really.
My twin brothers went to France and Alabama and I'll tell ya what (not that you don't know already) Alabama was just as much of an eye-opener for the one twin as France was for the other. You may not have to learn a new language in the MTC going state-side, but you do have to learn how to communicate effectively with different people - which can be pretty difficult, too.
I see what you're saying, though... New Zealand looks absolutely beautiful. My dad served his mission there and loved it. Hopefully Parker will get to see a see an authentic Haka dance and interact with Maori people. SWEET! Congrats!

Krystal said...

that is awesome. My mom grew up in new zealand and all of her family lives there. They are not members so maybe he will find them and teach them. It is a beautiful place I have been lucky enough to have been there twice. He will love it there.

The Fords said...

I WOULD LOVE TO GO THERE!!! My inlaws go there every year!
How exciting! I hope you can go there sometime!