Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Randomness

I wanted to give ya'll an update in Peyton. He is doing SO SO much better! And are so happy to say he is cleared for RSV. No more of his cough, running nose, fever...nothing! How I love this warm weather in St. George. Everyday we enjoy playing catch in the backyard, playing on the grass, and taking walks. We really like it down here a lot. And as of right now, feel this will be home for the next 5+years. Peyton is SO close to crawling it's ridiculous. He gets in the crawling position and then flattens back out on his tummy! I want him to begin crawling so bad, but at the same time am not ready to proof the house yet. :) His two front upper teeth have cut through. I can't believe he's going to be turning ONE in like 6 weeks! Ps. for you all who have had kids, how did you personally come to know you were suppose to begin trying again? (maybe too personal, sorry:))

I have such an awesome experience coming my way this week...a convert from Georgia is coming to Utah and we are doing baptisms for the dead in the Oquirrh Mountain Temple....SO EXCITED! How amazing it will be to witness someone I taught the gospel to doing work for the dead. I've done baptisms with her before in the Atlanta, Ga temple. I want to go to Georgia right now SO BAD! But know it's a little unrealistic right now. Sometimes I wonder- does anyone remember me? Then at a moments notice am reassured from a text or a phone call from a convert letting me know how much they appreciate me.

So we all have a thing that we are overly obssessive about whether it be....decorating, cleaning, punctuation or grammar, gardening....well, mine is scrapbooking. This all began a little after we got married, I always feel so inclined when we take pictures to first save them on our computer then to develop them and scrapbook them. I think this could have started when I saw the commercial of these parents pictures being destroyed or something and they had their 4 year old standing in a crib and the parents were taking pictures trying to recapture the photos they had lost and the commercial was for some computer talking about the need to save your pictures etc. Sometimes I find myself second guessing if all my pics are accounted for....I know, I know I sound crazy! But just love pictures and the memories that are created from them. A little obsessive! Just out of curiousity- what's your thing?




2 comments:

Wendy said...

Brooke, just a comment on the kid thing- I may be someone you do NOT want to listen to (because many people say I'm nuts for having two kids so close together.) so for what it's worth, marc and I felt very strongly that we should not wait, that we were ready for more. Despite all the criticism that we continue to receive, I LOVE having my boys so close because they can play together and learn from each other. They love each other. Whenever you feel it's right go for it! I've never heard anyone say they wish they'd had fewer children!

Cara and Mike said...

Brooke! I was so happy to see you posted something, I love reading your blog! :) - I am SO happy to hear that Peyton is doing better! I can't believe how old he is getting! :) - When you said you were out in the back yard playing, I was soo jealous, it's snowing here right now! eek! - I am so sorry to hear about your dad!! What an awful time to have something like that happen, hopefully he will enjoy his time off and find something quickly!! - About being ready to have another... I wasn't sure if I'd EVER feel ready to have another again, I was so scared of being sick and then not being able to devote all of my time to Sammy. I had prayed about it and felt very strong that it was time to put it in the Lord's hands again. :) I am still very nervous and have felt really sick, but I can feel the Lord making my burden lighter, and carrying me through. I am still emotional about loosing my one on one time with Sammy, but I feel like that is probably normal with your first and know that I want my children HERE with me. I am grateful for the confirmation from the Spirit to keep it in the Lord's hands, otherwise, I don't think I would've ever been pregnant again, it's just so hard on me ya know? - But, I then look at Sammy and see how wonderful he is and I know it will all be MORE then worth it :)
Yikes, I'm so long winded! ha! I better end this post now :) - but I thought that commercial you were talking about was HILLARIOUS when I watched it! It's so true, Mike and I need to back up all of our picture asap! :)