Friday, March 19, 2010

Poor little guy:(

Peyton has RSV.......:( His test came out positive for it. I had a cold and then he must have got it from me. For RSV the only things you can do is vapor rub on their back, feet, and chest especially before they go to bed at night, a humidifier, nose drops along with suctioning. He's been so so clogged we've had to take him to a Bronchiolitis Clinic for them to suction him. What happens is they take a catheter and drop it up his nose and suck out all the crap. Needless to say he DOES NOT like it. When babies have RSV they have little to no desire to eat especially their bottle (cuz they can't breathe right) So we get him suctioned in the morning at the Clinic before he is able to eat his bottle in the morning. He's already so slender!!!:) So they have now discovered he has an ear infection too. So he's on medication for that too. We aren't able to go to church with him or any shopping centers of any kind for how contagious he is. The doctor has told us his cough can linger for a good month.....oh his cough is so so sad sounding. Nevertheless, he is still sleeping through the night! Hopefully he will get better soon!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So.......sad. I hope he doesn’t end up in the hospital! Take good care of him and keep him home for a couple of weeks. I know it is hard to do but it is what is best for him. RSV is nothing to play around with!

Jess said...

I hope he's doing better today! I'm glad we're in it together as well. Our poor little guys!

Cara and Mike said...

Oh Brooke! I am sooo sorry! That is soo sad. Poor little guy :( How miserable that must be for the both of you!!! Maybe you can mix his formula in with rice cereal so he can get the calories he needs, just dump the powder in with the cereal and add enough water to make the cereal the consistancy he likes... I don't know? - I just am so sorry Brooke!!

Steve and Brooke said...

Thanks Cara! That's exactly what he's been eating solids, solids, solids!!!! We try to throw in enough formula as possible.

The Belshes said...

I'm so sorry to hear he's sick!! How awful. It makes me so blessed (knock on wood) that my kids haven't had to go through any bad sicknesses. I hope he starts feeling better soon!!

Savannah said...

That sounds awful, poor Peyton!
I hope everything is okay soon and he is back to normal! Hang in there!

Unknown said...

That is awful! Wow, being that sick and he STILL sleeps through the night? Lucky mommy. Poor little guy. Hope he gets better soon.