Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Interior Design Project ~ St. George Home

So as most of you know we live in St. George now. As Steve was going forth with the Radiology program my parents were searching for a second home in St. George as a vacation/retirement home. When Steve got accepted they asked us to if we wanted to live there. Of Course we said, Yes! My parents provided the bed for the master bedroom and then we took care of the rest. We mostly had everything anyways. We are in love with interior decorating...even more Steve than myself. He pays attention to every detail making sure each room goes together. Hope you enjoy!!

Front door


Come on In!
Master Bath
Master Bath (2)
Master Closet
Master Bath (3)

Master Bedroom
Master Bedroom (2)
Master Bedroom (3) (accent pillow currently with my mom)
"Friends & Family Gather Here" vinyl lettering. Hallway to another bathroom, laundry room, and garage.
Kitchen "Bon Appetit" lettering
Dining Area "Fondest Memories are Made when Gathered Around The Table" vinyl lettering
Love Peyton's Eddie Bauer high chair-thanks grandma wilson!
Kitchen (2)
Kitchen (3)
Living Room

Living Room (2)
Outside porch
Backyard
Backyard (2)
Hallway from the Front door entrance (still seeking for a mirror)
Hallway leading to back bedrooms
Alcove (Still thinking about a table of some sort)
Ok love this..."And this is my Joy" vinyl lettering. This saying comes from Alma chapter 29 vs 9...it was on my mission plaque and when I found this I just had to have it! So we put it with The Living Christ, First Presidency, and The Proclamation to the World
Bathroom
Entrance into Peyton's Room
Name Plaque
Bedroom
Bedroom (2)
Spare Bedroom- So with this room we decided on red, black, and white for the colors. We want people to have a feel they are somewhere foreign so the pictures in this room are that of Golden Gate Bridge, Taj Mahal, overlooking Rio DeJanerio, and Egyptian pyramids
Spare (2)
Love this Comforter...I call it my wedding dress comforter. When I found it I just had to have it!! It's pleated with what looks like jewels from afar...are buttons

Spare (3)
Great Wall of China and the Eiffel Tower

Spare (4)
Instead of a headboard we used various sizes of mirrors to make the wall appear larger. Their is also a black nightstand to the left of the bed.

Oh ps...Peyton is sitting now:) Happened on Dec 30th
Peyton's Room ~Jungle Theme


Love the willow trees in his room




Love you Peyton! He turned 8 months old today!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So...................nice! I love the decorating!

Bryce and Jamie said...

LOVE IT!!! I love the guest bedroom comforter too. I've been looking at it @ Target forever. :) I can't believe that you guys had so much stuff in your apartment to fill a big house! I think you should put a long table under your bridal pictures. Also, I really like the way you've displayed the First Pres, pictures. All in all, super cute!!!

Cara and Mike said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I am SOOO happy for you! I love your style! :) - Peyton is getting sooo big! He is so handsome!!!

The Belshes said...

Love it!!! The decorating must be a Wilson thing cause Douglas is exactly the same!! I really like the vinyl lettering you put. That makes me want to get some for my house!! So excited for you guys!!
Love ya!!!

Jess said...

Love it! I guess we're going to have to come a visit some time. That's so exciting about Peyton. He's so cute!

ashleyandcody said...

you did a great job decorating and
I can not believe peyton is 8 months old!

Savannah said...

Looks good! Peyton is super cute in those pics! love it.

Unknown said...

That house is HUGE! I bet it is so nice to have a place to put everything..... (sigh)... one day...

Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well and you're adjusting. Take care.

dj said...

oh my gosh, how nice! i approve.