Friday, October 21, 2011

A loss :(



Steve's grandpa Emmett Smith passed away early this morning :( He was by far the sweetest generous grandpa I have ever met in my life. I will always hold dear the memories of driving to Central
(a little town tucked away from busy city life in the forest)
where we would stay whenever Steve and I traveled to St. George and needed a place to stay. They would be waiting at their doorstep for us to arrive. They were the kind of grandparents that would stay up late just talking and talking. Hours and hours of playing Scrabble. Just hearing of all the adventures of Grandpa Smith's life. In honor of him our first born son possesses his middle name ~Emmett. I loved how involved he was in his children and grand children's lives. Ever since deciding to move to St. George we have become very close to them. What's been the hardest for Steve and I is how the process of him fading has happened so quickly. I would have never expected it at all. He's been so healthy and in shape his whole life. We just have to hold on to the fact that Heavenly Father sees the bigger picture and to hold on to the eternal perspective of things. What a great missionary he is being right now.

Families Can Be Together Forever

We love him SO SO SO much. And am so happy to see him before he passed. I'm proud to say not only is he my husband's grandfather but that he is Mine as well.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful Brooke! Love you!

Chantel said...

Wow- I can't believe he passed away. I loved that man!!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Sorry for your loss. He really was a amazing Man and he will be missed by many!

The Slider Family said...

I was signed in with the wrong account;)....the browneyedgirl was me...oops!
Love, April

Bill and Laurie Wilson said...

He really is a great man.

The Fords said...

I'm sorry Brooke! That's so hard when a loved one passes away. He sounds like such an awesome grandpa! Sorry you have to go through this, but it is so great to know you'll see him again!:)